Friday, May 8, 2009

Oh! The Humidity!


I think I'm in for a rough CF summer: Texas humidity is here. 

I started CF in the fall when you had to worry about wearing sweatshirts not completely sweating through your T-shirt, so doing the all outdoor all the time CrossFit workouts hasn't really been too much of an issue.

But these past couple of days have been like breathing into a giant bowl of split pea soup. The air is thick and my lungs DO NOT like it. "No thank you," they say, "we reject this thick version of oxygen you are trying to pump into us. We'd like some normal air, please." 

There is no reprieve from it, though! It is like a thick blanket that drapes over the world. I haven't really swum at all since I finished my swimming "career" in college, but I am beginning to think that maybe there will be some swimming in my future; I mean, the air is so heavy with moisture that we may have to be swimming our 400 meter runs.

And don't even get me started on how much it makes you sweat. I may as well jump into a pool fully clothed. At least I would feel a bit cooled off. But instead I get coated in sticky, blechy, sweat that seems to weigh down my clothing more than it cools me off.

If anyone knows of a magic humidity relief potion, please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment