Monday, January 5, 2009

Angie

Today marked the first workout of the month which was also the first group workout since the benchmark on Saturday. It was the "Angie" workout.

Here is Angie:
  • 100 pull-ups
  • 100 push-ups
  • 100 sit-ups
  • 100 squats
I want to really be clear with how I felt about the workout: IT SUCKED! And by sucked I mean it hurt. Really hurt. By the end of the pull-ups I could only do 2 before having to take a break. By the end of the push-ups, I could only do 1 before my arms said, "um, excuse us, Shannon, do you know how heavy you are?!?! Umm...we quit."

I guess the good thing is that I did all but about 5 of the push-ups on my knees and I did every single rep of every single thing. And the workout didn't kill me. Towards the end of the push-ups I thought my arms would rebel, jump out of their sockets and beat my skull in to prevent any more self-inflicted pain...but thank goodness this is real life and not some really weird science-fiction horror movie called Cross Fit: Revenge of the Lactic Acid.
But I guess I didn't sign up for "easy", did I?

It's funny. We were given these rubber bracelet's to wear as a reminder to stay on course for the eight week challenge. I know we have just started, but the silly piece of rubber is oddly inspiring. It makes me want to stick to my diet and do the extra workouts.
I was thinking about Finding Nemo when Dorie is singing "just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, swimming, swimming..." The bracelet is a less sing-songy reminder to just keep CrossFitting. And zoning. And Advocare-ing.
It's almost like the coaches know what they are doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment